Inspirations

Inspirations
The color you see is the color you get!

Monday, December 9, 2013

Wishing You A Very Merry Christmas!

Hi there! Emily here today with an art journal page I created using the great CIP colors that are on sale this month! 

This month's colors, as a reminder are:




And the page I made...


I used my Gelli Plate with some of my favorite stencils along with Emerald, Evergreen, Garnet and Winter Frost CI Paints to create a background. After the background was created I traced my trees using a Dyan Reavely stencil and black marker. I completely covered everything but the trees with black soot Distress Paint. 


An embossing pen along with some Deliquesce in Fine White  was used to go around the edges of the trees. to make them stand out. I love how the Deliquesce makes them POP! 



The Dyan stencil has these cute lights along the edge for a border on both the small AND large stencil, so I used the smaller stencil on the corners with some modeling paste. After the modeling paste dried I colored the lights in Garnet, Evergreen and some Gold CI Paints.  They really look like shimmery holiday lights! 


No Christmas Tree is complete without a topper, and so I grabbed some UmWow chipboard stars and covered them with Deliquesce in Super Sparkle Gold  to make them really shine! 



I have to say, this page is one of my favorites. I don't know if you can see, but the CI Paints behind the Distress Paint, still show up! I love the texture that it gives! You can't create that on your own... it's a natural texture created by the two mediums because of their chemistry. You can still see some of the shimmer of the paints behind the Distress Paint, and even the color in some places. :) 

If you get a chance, play around with the paints and other mediums, especially layering! It's a lot of fun! I do a lot of layering in my art journal, which is how I discovered this look.  

I hope you have enjoyed my holiday journal page and play with your own paints!! Have fun and get messy!! 






8 comments:

K Hutchinson said...

GORGEOUS and fun page! I love all the textures! I would have never thought to emboss like this! Very NEAT!

Julie Odil said...

Aha! Another UmWow chippie fan! I'm addicted to the stuff! I love the art page you made -- very creative and fun!

Tina said...

Definitely puts me in the Christmas spirit!

Unknown said...

Very fun and festive!!
Love the colors you used!

MONICA said...

Super cute Emily. I love it...
x0x0x

DIANA L. said...

Super fun Emily

~ Kendra ~ said...

How fun, this is so beautiful!!!

Julie Tucker-Wolek said...

This is gorgeous! I loveeeeee the colors and the stars!!